Hey everyone – quick greetings from the American Northeast! I am here visiting family for a couple of weeks.
It’s meant to be spring, but it is mighty chilly for this time of year. A couple of days ago we got two inches of snow (!), and even on non-snowy days, the windchill is enough to make you shiver down to your bones. Enough, however, about weather.
Since I got here, I have thoroughly enjoyed checking out the three grand American bastions of the beauty blogging world: CVS, Walgreens and Sephora. My very patient father has had to simply deal with my preoccupation with checking out every makeup counter I see, be it in a drugstore or department store.
However, before taking this trip, I made a solemn vow to myself that I would not spend more than US$ 100.00 in total on makeup and skincare products for myself. I think I am doing pretty good so far. Here’s a list of my mini-haul and approximately how much each item cost:
- Neutrogena Healthy Lengths Mascara in Carbon Black (raved about by Emily of Beauty Broadcast): US$ 9.00
- CoverGirl Lash Blast Clump Crusher Mascara in Very Black: US$ 7.90
- Three NYC Eyeliners (in plum, dark brown, and purple) at US$ 1.99 apiece: US$ 6.00
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner Pencil in Black: US$ 4.90
- CoverGirl Clean Glow Blush in Roses: US$ 9.20
- CoverGirl Flared Out Crayon Pencil for Eyes: US$ 7.90
- Jordana Eyeliner Pencil in Eggplant: US$ 1.99
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser SPF15 in Natural: US$ 43.00
I have to admit, it has been difficult practicing self-control and not breaking the budget I’ve set for myself, but I’m determined to keep to it! The fact that many of these items are incredibly affordable (still baffled at the US$ 1.99 eyeliners, completely blows my mind) is greatly tempting, but I am very happy with my little stash of pretty things.
Keep your eyes out for a proper post (with photos!) once I return to Singapore. Thanks for reading and have a lovely day!