I do not dole out premature declarations of love with ease, but I think I’m going to make an exception for these two products.
In fact, I may even go so far as to say that after a week of daily use, Filipino all-naturals brand Human Heart Nature’s Natural Strengthening Shampoo and Natural Strengthening Conditioner duo are well on their way to Holy Grail status in my books.
Yes, I am that enthusiastic.
To start, I must extend my sincerest thanks to Jeanette of Penang-based natural skin and body care products retailers Down to Earth for sending dom and I a few products to try out. Seasoned belle readers will already know how much I love all-natural products.
Adding fuel to this flame, dom had already reviewed Human Heart Nature’s Balancing Facial Wash and had good things to say about it (click her post to also learn more about the Human Nature brand, its history and its philosophy), so when she passed me the travel-sized bottles of strengthening shampoo and conditioner to try out, I was chuffed and hopeful.
Delightedly, my hopes were not dashed – not even remotely – by this shampoo and conditioner. Here’s the rundown:
- Shampoo: Human Nature tells me that it consists of 96.4% natural ingredients, is SLS/SLES-free and has been “scientifically proven to result in 80% less hair fall and 90% thicker hair, compared to other chemical-based shampoos containing SLS/SLES”. Its key ingredients include coconut nectar (Cocos nucifera), Guar gum, hydrolyzed wheat protein, and organic avocado oil to strengthen and nourish thin, brittle, stressed-out hair. It also uses Human Nature’s patented Creamfoam technology, which supposedly helps these active ingredients work better.
- Conditioner: This lovely conditioner is made from 100% natural ingredients. It boasts organic calamansi extract, tocopherol (natural Vitamin E), virgin coconut oil and rosemary essential oil – all ingredients known to smoothen, soften and strengthen hair.
- Shampoo: This cloudy, whitish fluid is not as thick as your regular pharmacy-bought shampoos. May result, at first, in using more than is needed, but small matter once you’ve gotten used to the consistency and have a better idea of how much your hair needs for an adequate lather-up.
- Conditioner: Consistent and slightly goopy, but completely silicone-free so it lacks that slippery quality that many other conditioners have.
Scent: The Human Nature guys describe both the shampoo and conditioner as “aloe vera-olive” scented. I cannot assess the appropriateness of this description, as I have never combined aloe vera and olives and taken a whiff of the concoction before, but I will be frank and say this scent may not appease everyone. In fact, dom’s not a huge fan – but I absolutely love it. I think it’s fresh, unique and bright. And even if you’re not a huge fan, never fear – the scent doesn’t linger in hair for very long after you’ve washed, conditioned and dried it out.
- Shampoo: From the get go, this shampoo has been effective at cleansing while not stripping hair of moisture. I like that it doesn’t foam up excessively the way SLS/SLES shampoos do – instead, the lather is light yet thick and creamy, just enough to coat hair and not drip or go all over the place. Plus it all rinses off quick and cleanly.
- Conditioner: This conditioner rubs into hair lengths and tips with ease. I like to leave it in for about 3 minutes (the instructions on the bottle suggest leaving it in “for the length of a song or two”, which is quite cute) before rinsing off. And after rinse-off, no weighty residue! Genius.
- Cumulative: From the first wash and condition, my hair felt stronger and fuller. Ask dom, I raved about this to her online the moment after I’d finished blow-drying my hair and realised the difference. A week into daily use of both shampoo and conditioner, my hair feels better than it has been in ages. Strong, shiny, full, light, no residue in my hair or on my scalp, and (most surprising considering it’s only been a week!) markedly less hair fall – shower drains don’t lie.
Value for Money: Here is where Human Heart Nature stands out – their prices are so reasonable that they will make you think twice about the commonly-held notion that all-natural/organic products will, inevitably, cost a bomb (and correspondingly, are not always worth the hefty price tag). A 200ml bottle of Strengthening Shampoo goes for a very wallet-friendly MYR 19.90, and a 200ml tube of Strengthening Conditioner costs the same.
Human Heart Nature’s Strengthening Shampoo and Natural Strengthening Conditioners are available in three sizes to meet all your potential needs: 50ml (perfect for travel), 200ml (perfect for your bathroom rack) and 500ml (perfect value for money and perfect sitting on your shower stall floor/beside your bathtub).
Also, the shampoo and conditioner, alongside a whole host of Human Heart Nature products – from baby care to beauty oils – can be purchased directly from the good folks at Down To Earth. They are friendly, eager to explain the values behind their enterprise, and their service is quite excellent. Do check them out if you can!
PS: Want to know what other bloggers think of Human Heart Nature? Check out Paris B’s review of Human Nature’s Moisturising Shampoo and Conditioner.
Disclaimer: This product was provided by the distributor for review purposes. We are not affiliated with the distributor, and we strive to keep our reviews as objective and honest as possible.