I’m addicted to scrubs (both the beauty kind and the TV show). Will L’Oreal’s Perfect Clean Foaming Gentle Scrub (Exfoliating) be a new addiction?
This scrub was making a few waves over down south and overseas, thanks in most part (in my opinion) to the scrublet. However I was more than excited to try this out when it finally made its way to Malaysia, and the orange formula up there was perfect for me. Suitable for all skin types, a daily gentle scrub with a scrublet, and amazing mango scent. I love that the scent wasn’t too overpowering and smelt of real mangoes as opposed to “BAM THESE ARE CHEMICALLY DERIVED FRUITY SCENTS”.
- Lovely scent, as mentioned above
- Really gentle scrub – so gentle that you don’t have to worry about overexfoliationg
- Cute packaging – if you have a giant hook, pop out the scrublet and hang the scrub on the hook
- The scrublet’s got a suction cup that you can stick onto any glass/mirrored surface. Convenient!
- Flimsy flip-top cap. I dropped it while in the shower and it broke. Luckily I have a habit of keeping old packaging from other brands, so I was able to decanter the remaining cleanser
- Scrublet is also flimsy and super bendy – I much prefer my Daiso scrublet which was a bit firmer, had bigger bristles and gave me a better massaging effect. The scrublet also picks up dirt really quickly – I left it in my bathroom and it suddenly started getting blacker each day. Hmm? Also didn’t notice any smoother pores or fewer blackheads.
- I personally prefer a good hard scrub (hence I only use a scrub once a week). This was definitely too gentle for me. This really is just a gel cleanser with low-to-medium foaming action and a few tiny bits of scrubbing action as an afterthought.
- It’s got apricot seed powder, and there have been online concerns about how apricot seed can cause microtears (not micro-crying-tears, TEARS like paper tears, just to clarify) in your skin
- Expensive for a drugstore cleanser. It’s around RM30+ if not mistaken? I’m used to paying a lot less than that, and this is also no Vichy/Uriage/ROC-type brand.
You may disagree with me about the scrublet and the gentleness of the scrub – some of you may prefer a much softer scrublet and scrub formula. Myself, I prefer my Daiso scrublet as stated because it’s firmer and it doesn’t pick up the kind of dirt the L’Oreal scrublet did. The one thing I really enjoyed was the scent and that it didn’t break me out, so I use this occasionally in the mornings for a pick-me-up.
I wouldn’t repurchase this (sorry, L’Oreal! I do love your other brands and other products though!) because this is way overpriced due to the scrublet hype and what not. Also, the fliptop cover is really, really flimsy. One fall and CRACK, gone :(. Paris B of MyWomenStuff mentions the same problem, but unlike me, she enjoys the scrublet, so do check out her post here.