Happy New Year, ladies! Here’s hoping 2012 brings you much success, happiness and fulfilment 🙂
To kick-start the year, please allow me to introduce you to what has very rapidly become a staple product in my everyday makeup arsenal. In fact, I am already harbouring fears of what I’ll do once I run out (not that that’s going to happen anytime terribly soon).
Meet my trusty little 30ml tube of Organic Young (also known as Oy!) Cover and Clear – Spot It concealer.
With GREEN TEA, PINEAPPLE & TEA TREE extracts
Stop that Spot! Conceal your blemishes then get rid of them completely with Active Spot Cover.
Promotes a blemish-free complexion
- Cover your spots and zap them deep down
- Can be mixed with moisturiser to be used as an active foundation
- Filled with essential Omega-3&6 fatty acids to maintain your complexion
- Suitable for people with acne prone and sensitive skin.
- Scent: Fruity and quite delicious. I was surprised by the freshness of this concealer’s scent. Even those of you who aren’t partial to scents in your makeup products might not mind this at all, as it is such a far cry from the cloying, artificial floral scented products that pervade the drugstore market these days.
- Texture: Consistent and very dense. Because of this, you barely need any product at all to cover spots or redness on your face. Value for money? Me gusta!
- Shade: This product only comes in one shade. However, I found that it blends exceptionally well into the skin and merges with your natural colouring. All you need to do is diligently pat, pat, pat with your fingertips. I would, of course, hesitate to say that this works for everyone – I think darker-toned girls might have a little trouble with this shade being a bit too light, unfortunately.
- Performance: This is a major reason for my Spot It love – it covers spots and redness like a charm, doesn’t feel heavy on the face, and lasts throughout the day without the need to reapply. Even sweat only causes minimal sloughing with no discernible impact on coverage, and blotting doesn’t remove any product from the skin’s surface. Spot It’s tea tree oil content also helps reduce the fierceness of flared-up spots and encourages faster healing, which I am mighty grateful for. It also doesn’t dry out my skin, which is probably due to the Omega-3 and 6 content working its magic and retaining skin’s moisture balance.
- Versatility: Super plus point number two aside from performance. The back of the tube suggests using a little bit of Spot It and mixing it with your regular moisturiser to custom-create your own tinted moisturiser. I gave it a try with my Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Creme, and was extremely pleased with the end result: a light, airy, comfortable tinted moisturiser that matched my skin tone perfectly. I daresay that when applied, it felt and looked like a sheerer version of my HG Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturiser SPF15. Perfect for weekends or days when I want my skin to have a little more breathing space.
Aqua (spring water), *Helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil, Titanium dioxide, *Cannabis sativa (hemp) oil, *Rosa moschata (rosehip) seed oil, *Cera alba (bees wax), Coco glucoside, Coconut alcohol, Arachidyl alcohol, Behenyl alcohol, Arachidyl glucoside, Bentonite, Zinc oxide, *Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) powder, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Xanthan gum, *Camelia sinensis (green tea) extract, *Chamomilla recutita (chamomile) extract, *Hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) distillate, Aroma (*Citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, ^*Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, ^*Vanilla planifolia (vanilla) extract), Ananas sativus (pineapple) extract, Levulinic acid, Glyceryl caprylate, Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) extract, Potassium sorbate, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77492 (iron oxides), *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool (from essential oils). ^Fairly Traded *89.24% certified organic ingredients