After about a week’s worth of trialing, here’s my verdict on Lancome’s Maqui Blanc Miracle Natural Brightening Creator:
My initial review can be found here.
This being a liquid foundation, I used a stippling brush to get better, more even coverage. I was matched to O4 which I thought was a tad too light. Here’s a quick run-down of how it performed:
- Totally lightweight – it had a non-sticky texture and I didn’t feel like I was clogging my pores with liquid pigment.
- Coverage – great coverage. I skipped out concealer and this was during a really bad face-picking time. I had heaps of scars which were covered up nicely.
- Concentrated – really. I didn’t even use a whole pump because I found it so blendable and smooth.
- Absolutely no oxidization. Wow, really?
- Controlled oilies. Oh yes to that!
- Didn’t get any shimmer on my face. Initially you can see very find bits of shimmer for the brightening effect but applied on face, it didn’t make me look like a disco ball.
- Too light! Although I don’t think it’s entirely the foundation’s fault. Just a color mismatch.
- The brightening creator bit didn’t just brighten. It literally WHITENED my face. Was a little horrified because I thought I had dipped my face into a binful of rice powder. But a bit of loose powder and Bare Minerals All Over Warmth toned it down a bit.
- A little hard to remove. I’ve never had this problem with other foundations but this was a bit strange for me. Hmm?
Color mismatch aside, the tone itself suited me (I’m yellow-toned). It’s also non-comedogenic (yay to no pore blockage) and designed for Asian skin.
Pros clearly outweigh cons here so I’m pretty happy with it. Would I repurchase? At RM140/30ml, and not even a full pump needed, I think I definitely will. The bottle is also quite glam-looking, don’t you think?