Todays’ review is on a product I have taken to using daily these days, as a base for my foundation/BB cream/tinted moisturiser. Welcome Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Active Concentrate.
The Eucerin brand is manufactured by German company Beiersdorf. They’re a reputable and quite respected name in the industry – they are also the owners and manufacturers of Nivea, Labello, La Prairie and Hansaplast.
Here’s what this Active Concentrate claims to do:
Eucerin® DermoPURIFYER Active Concentrate is the ideal product for those wanting to achieve an optimum effect in a short time.
The especially fast-absorbing Eucerin® DermoPURIFYER Active Concentrate with highly effective lactic acid
- Absorbs quickly and has a targetted effect
- Can be applied locally but also on larger areas
- Visibly improves the skin’s complexion
- Can take the place of your care product, for very oily skin
And here’s the ingredient list:
Aqua, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Tapioca Starch, Methylpropanediol, Lactic Acid, Decylene Glycol, Dimethiconol, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, perfume
I very much like the following things about this product:
- It’s oil and preservative-free.
- It absorbs very quickly and leaves no residue or tacky sensation afterward.
- You only ever need a minuscule amount of it per application, which means a bottle goes a very long way.
- My skin likes the silicone content and has no adverse reactions to it at all – in fact, the smoothness of skin after application is one of my favourite things about this product.
- It keeps oil at bay quite well, and helps prevent excessive shine over the course of the day.
- As it evens out skin texture and keeps the oilies away, it makes for a great makeup base and keeps foundation from slipping over the course of the long day.
- I like that the product is housed in a hefty glass bottle with a hygienic pump dispenser, so product wastage is minimised.
And here are a couple of iffy points:
- I can’t say for certain whether it has improved my skin condition and reduced the incidence and prevalence of zits.
- The silicone content may make this product unsuitable for a fair few of you out there (here’s looking at you, Kahani).
- I normally don’t like fragranced products, and this concentrate has a pretty strong scent – reminds me of soap powder/laundry detergent. It dissipates after a while, which is why I can live with it, but if you’re really sensitive to fragranced products, this may not be up your alley.
The gamut of Eucerin products is widely available at pharmacies all over Singapore. A 30ml bottle retails at SGD 29.90, but sometimes you can get them on sale for 20% off or get them at a cheaper price in a bundle, when bought with other Eucerin products. Keep your eyes peeled